Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Don't let John Kricfalusi destroy Ren & Stimpy's Legacy.

Don't let John Kricfalusi destroy Ren & Stimpy's Legacy.

I’ve been a HUGE Ren & Stimpy fan for 22 years since I discovered The Ren & Stimpy Show at Blockbuster Video rentals. And I can tell you that NOTHING made me stop loving this show.
John Kricfalusi had been an open secret, he had quite a shady image even back then.
John Kricfalusi was rude and bullying people who was even on his blog including a drawing called “Puppet Aspergers” which I believe was an attack on me because I was in high school , I was a lonely teenager and I found out that I was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome and I kept wondering if any of my heroes had it too. I asked John Kricfalusi, I mentioned a puppet was made of him ( but I didn’t mention that I was satirizing him for his failure “ Adult Party Cartoon “ ) . The “ Puppet Aspergers “ drawing showed up on his blog in the early 2010s. I managed to get ahold of his agent on the phone regarding this attack and even talked with his assistant who forwarded my email to John Kricfalusi himself, I kept getting the answer that it wasn’t a specific attack on me even though my old comment was still present on his blog from 2008. I later found out the truth that John Kricfalusi wasn’t just a bully, a rapist, but a pedo. He’s homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, and obviously ABLEIST !
As a human being, his personal life, he’s DISGUSTING and SHOULD be deplatformed ASAP ( sign those petitions against him please ! ).
However there’s a saying in art, “ Let Art Speak for itself. “
That’s why I’m still a Ren & Stimpy / early Spumco fan ( web cartoon era ) .

There’s also another story regarding the “Puppet Aspergers” situation which John Kricfalusi created that as an attack on “Sick Little Monkeys” writer Thad Komorowski but I strongly believe my situation is exactly where John Kricfalusi got the “Puppet Aspergers” name from.
Before I came out, I used to have short hair like that so… Anyway, John Kricfalusi is a disgusting bully.
I personally don’t identify with the Asperger’s Syndrome diagnosis and label anymore.

So hate John Kricfalusi, not Ren & Stimpy.





_ Erica

No comments: