Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2018

The Earliest Origins of The Erica Crooks Show


November 2 2018 Introduction :

I posted this on the old version of officialericcrooks.com talking about probably the earliest archival existence of The Erica Crooks Show that exists . Now remember the show changed to The Erica Crooks Show in mid-2016 so it’s referred to as “ The Eric Crooks Show “ in this article.

I was 11 years old when I written a post on a puppetry newsgroup with my WebTV at the time , and this really goes to show that you never know who your talking to on the internet sometimes. It’s kind of laughable and embarrassing at the same time. A College Student who doesn’t realize they are talking to an 11 year old kid and not a troll. lol

But anyway what’s interesting is , this is the earliest origins of The Erica Crooks Show. I won’t get my public access TV show until 7 years later when I was 18. So it’s a very interesting thing to share in celebration of the 20th anniversary of The Erica Crooks Show I think !

And now the following article ,













In 1999, which was the year that I found out about public access television existed and when I made some home movies of my first puppets which were just my hands with shoelaces around them and a sock, This was the early origins of The Eric Crooks Show. I was only 11 years old and perhaps since the internet was just so new to me that I was quite impulsive. Here's a copy of perhaps my first " welcome world " post on the internet. [ certain names are not mention to protect the legal privacy of the not so innocent ] This was posted in an early puppetry newsgroup.


The Eric Crooks Show Look at this !

ME

10/7/99

E-mail my puppets from The Eric Crooks Show. (The Eric Crooks Show is a
new puppet comedy show.) E-mail these puppets ..

    Barney ( Not the dinosaur)
          Mr. Socky head
          Mr. Stupid head
         Little pink alligator
            Sargent Hand
            Two singing hands 
                 Discoman  
                    Alien
          Fred the news hand 
           Dick the weather hand 
                  Happy boy
               Post women 
                    Pinky
                 Cows & bulls 
                 3 horn Bulls & cows
                     Vantron


( Reply from some ..... college student on the internet )


10/8/99


 > E-mail these puppets ..
Ummm, how?  You haven't given their, uh, email addresses...



 >    Barney ( Not the dinosaur)
 >          Mr. Socky head
 >          Mr. Stupid head
 >         Little pink alligator
 >            Sargent Hand
 >            Two singing hands 
 >                 Discoman  
 >                    Alien
Don't suppose that's a xenomorph-type Alien...?



 >          Fred the news hand 
 >           Dick the weather hand 
 >                  Happy boy
 >               Post women 
 >                    Pinky
 >                 Cows & bulls 
 >                 3 horn Bulls & cows
 >                     Vantron
 >




10/12/99
ME again


I'll let you know what chanel it's going to be on .
       E-mail my puppets at ********** The show is going to be taped at Comcast studio .

 Alien is a alien puppet . OK ?

    If you don't Beavene me wait and see .



( that guy who doesn't realizing he's arguing with an 11 year old )


10/14/99



:
> I'll let you know what chanel it's going to be on .
>        E-mail my puppets at  .................
Ah, there's the missing info.  Now everyone that was poised waiting to email
your puppets can spring into action.



>  The show is going to be taped at Comcast studio .
As in Comcast Cablevision?  So it'll be a cable-access show, or...?



>  Alien is a alien puppet . OK ?
OK.  I was just being cheeky as I'm currently working on a xenomorph-type
Alien puppet (as discussed recently in this newsgroup).  For those that
followed that discussion, stay tuned and I'll post a URL of a webpage
summarizing how the project went when I'm done.



>     If you don't Beavene me wait and see .
Oh, don't worry; we definitely Beavene you.


As a kid, I didn't funny know what I was doing except that I had this bright idea and totally enthusiastic about it and if I knew this guy was sort of mocking me, I would have been really emotionally hurt. But in this case I was a little confused. 
But out of all people who said rotten things about me and my work, this guy was most likely the first where ever the hell he is now and who cares. 

But what I find so funny about this is that this College student with some university email is arguing with an 11 year old. Technology has changed but human beings haven't. Though I'm a person who much prefers to live and let die in the past but since I felt this was not only such a very important piece of perhaps the earliest surviving anything of my earliest works but to show that there was idiots who thought me and my work was stupid before youtube.

Where ever this jackass is now, If he knew, he'd feel the fool of what that message would become 15 years later.


_Erica






For more hilarious puppet and cartoon animation parodies , Dark Comedy humor , satires and funny stupid videos for adults
( and other cool stuff )
 visit The Official Erica Crooks Websites :
ericacrooks.com and officialericcrooks.com today !


No comments: